Saturday, January 14, 2012

First week: World Junior Champoinships of Hockey

 



So, for the first week my thing I've never done before was go to the World Junior Championships, being held here in Calgary. I've never been to an international hockey event, I've never been to a Team Canada game, and I've never seen a gold medal game of any kind before. I went to 6 games in total, including the two semi finals, and the gold medal game. One of my favorite moments in the tournament was being under the giant Canada flag that made it's way across the seats in the upper bowl of the dome. Don't think I've ever done that before.

The Team Canada game was so loud. It was like a playoff game, one of the loudest games I've ever heard. Canada eventually lost to Russia in a disappointing loss. They just weren't playing the same game as the rest of the world, their game was much more physical, and it got them in trouble. Still, and amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment